Benefits of Kapalbhati:
It is one of the most important Pranayams. ‘Kapal’ means forehead and ‘Bhati’ means shining so the practice which gives you shiny face is “Kapalbhati’ pranayam. It balances a complete body. Daily practice of ‘Kapalbhati’ makes you permanent healthy.
Helpful in :
– Stomach problems
– Abdominal disorders
– Improves respiratory system
– Any skin disorder
– Those with high blood pressure or heart problem should stricktly avoid this exercise.
– During pregnancy and menstruation this pranayam should be strictly avoided.
– Patients should not practice this exercise during asthma attack.
– Stop immediately in case of any discomfort.
1. Sit comfortably in Padmasana (Crossed leg position) with straight back. Place your hands on knees facing sky.
2. Take a deep breathe through nose and expand your abdomen area and exhale forcefully with contraction of abdominal muscles.
3. Continuously exhale forcefully minimum 20 times. Do not concentrate more on inhalation. After finishing 20 counts of forceful exhalation and normal inhalation, relax for sometime.
4. Once again start one more round(20 exhalations) of forceful exhalations. One can start initially with 3 rounds of Kapalbhati Pranayam.
Duration of Kapalbhati Pranayam : Maximum 15 minutes daily
Tags: health and yoga, Kapalbhati Pranayam, Kapalbhati Pranayama, Pranayam, Pranayama, Yoga for complete body