This is a very cool form of breathing. The regular practice of this pranayam cools down your mind and body. This specific is very useful in summer time.
1. Sit straight in Padmasana (Crossed legs position)
2. Roll your tongue in a form of tube
3. Breathe in through your tongue tube
4. When you finish inhaling, draw your tongue in and hold your breath for while
5. Exhale through your nose
6. Repeat this practice 5-10 times
Note : If not possible to make a tube with your tongue, go for Shitkari Pranayam which has similar benefits like Shitali Breathing.
This practice helps to cooling down your mind and body. The regular practice of this breathing style is helpful in reliving acidity, hypertension and purifying your blood. It gives natural glow on your face.
This Pranayam should not be practiced in case of heavy cough or cold, asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and low blood pressure.
Yoga can be an important tool to reduce weight or obesity problems, if practiced regularly. Yoga exercises are not strenuous so its more easy to go for Yoga than any other exercise regime.
Regular Yoga practice can balance your body and make you fit and healthy. Yoga asanas (positions0 stimulates poor performing thyroid gland which has big effect on maintaining body weight.
Regular Yoga practice and controlled lifestyle reduces body weight.
Poses that controls your body weight :
- Grinding exercise
- Uttan Padasana
- Suryanamaskar – 24 rounds
Benefits of Kapalbhati:
It is one of the most important Pranayams. ‘Kapal’ means forehead and ‘Bhati’ means shining so the practice which gives you shiny face is “Kapalbhati’ pranayam. It balances a complete body. Daily practice of ‘Kapalbhati’ makes you permanent healthy.
Helpful in :
– Stomach problems
– Abdominal disorders
– Improves respiratory system
– Any skin disorder
– Those with high blood pressure or heart problem should stricktly avoid this exercise.
– During pregnancy and menstruation this pranayam should be strictly avoided.
– Patients should not practice this exercise during asthma attack.
– Stop immediately in case of any discomfort.
1. Sit comfortably in Padmasana (Crossed leg position) with straight back. Place your hands on knees facing sky.
2. Take a deep breathe through nose and expand your abdomen area and exhale forcefully with contraction of abdominal muscles.
3. Continuously exhale forcefully minimum 20 times. Do not concentrate more on inhalation. After finishing 20 counts of forceful exhalation and normal inhalation, relax for sometime.
4. Once again start one more round(20 exhalations) of forceful exhalations. One can start initially with 3 rounds of Kapalbhati Pranayam.
Duration of Kapalbhati Pranayam : Maximum 15 minutes daily